New QBase 3D Version now available for all pilots!
Munich, Germany – 15 October 2020 – Quantum-Systems just released the newest version of its ground control station software QBase 3D today. This release is packed with new functionality, focusing especially on the post-processing part of each flight and the planning of more complex scenarios.
This update is free for all users of QBase 3D! So we can guarantee that every user always has the latest features available. The update function offers the appropriate possibility for this!
If you are thinking about using QBase 3D or want to get an overview of the user interface, we suggest you visit our YouTube channel in addition to the possibility to download a full version of QBase 3D from our website.
Completely redesigned post-processing
You can now process an unlimited amount of flights in parallel. The new workflow guides you through the setup of each job. After a few clicks the calculations are running and you can spend your time more worthwhile than waiting for the next job to be started
Command line based post-processing.
If you have a server structure or prefer not using a GUI we have a new way of post-processing for you. The command line tool offers a way to automate post-processing of recurring flights or to embed it into your automated workflow
New planning features
Concave area planning
Avoid taking pictures were they are not needed
More accurate terrain following in areas
We improved the terrain following algorithm to respect altitude changes not only between flight legs, but during each leg. This feature is still experimental and we are looking forward to your use cases and inputs.
- Possibility to select altitude over area based on average or maximum terrain altitude. Adjust the flight altitude on legs according to your needs.
- Corridors with even number of legs. Save time on corridor missions, when there is no need for your aircraft to fly unproductive legs.
Improved mission file handling
Mission files can now be visualized on a map. This allows you to find your flown missions at a certain location much faster.
ATC communication features
- Altitude display in m and feet simultaneously. When communicating with ATC sometimes feet is the required unit. Now you can monitor your flight the way you planned it and still read the altitude in feet.
- QDM and QDR. Get a bearing and range of the aircraft to your reference position.
Thes are just some of the improvements we implemented
Some additional featrues are:
- Display of time since last contact to the drone in case of link loss
- Visualization of allowed distances between home and retransition point
- Improved map graphic performance